I decided to make this list before the revelry of the 31st made me lose my judgment. After a few margaritas and some loud music one tends to make all kinds of resolutions that seem foolish the next morning. And then the guilt sets in. So this year I am starting early. In 2011 I resolve to:
1. Spend less time Twittering (I know I know – it is Tweeting) and more time reading. My stack of books is growing at an alarming rate and has been ignored for too long.
2. See more foreign language films, and shun Hollywood. I am almost there, saw precious few, but also did not catch most of the good world cinema. Have to remedy the situation ASAP.
3. Avoid completely all films that have associated with them Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Priyadarshan, David Dhawan, Anees Bazmee, Imran Khan, Madhur Bhandarkar, and Sonam Kapoor. This brings up the dilemma of the rumored Freaky Friday remake – so I will add a rider. If any of these aforementioned films have associated with them Juhi Chawla or Madhuri Dixit, I will watch them.
4. Try to catch more plays, and not give away tickets just because a play is about the coming of age of a gay African American teenager, set in the times of Hurricane Katrina.
5. Travel more locally. I need to go see Yellowstone National Park – and this will be the year!
6. Manage my time better – LISTS LISTS, I need lists!
7. Have more fun – seriously, the net is not the way to do it, so I need to cut down on my internet time. Anyone know of a good internet rehab place?
8. And to try to lose 5 pounds while still managing to eat all that I love.
So what are your resolutions for 2011?